Saturday, November 22, 2008

A Note From Jason LaGrange

Dear Family and Friends:

As you may or may not know Crystal was diagnosed with an aggressive rare type of Cancer located in and around the Cervix. Unfortunately, since Crystal is HPV negative and completed annual Pap tests the problem wasn't diagnosed until it reached stage 3.5 - 4 with the primary tumor growing to a length of 8cm. We will continue to explore all options, but this is a fast moving disease that is not curative. This is difficult to say and it may sound like we are giving up, but that is not the case. We are going to fight this disease and expect good things to happen.

Radiation and Chemotherapy will start on December 1st and we are confident that new combinations of therapy and or surgery (not to mention the support of the entire Kaiser Oncology staff) will reduce the size and slow the growth so Crystal can enjoy time with Rylee, Aiden, Gaven, family, and friends.

No one knows for sure, but we were told to expect a couple of years depending on how she reacts to the upcoming 6-8 week treatment. After that she must balance future treatments and quality of life. With a little luck, your support, and prayers we are going for her 40th birthday (about 6 years from today). We can do it.

We appreciate all of your support, thoughts, prayers, and our door will remain open. Crystal wants to make sure you know it is ok to visit and call anytime.

Her only request - no flowers.

Crystal, Jason, Gaven, Aiden, Rylee

6584 S Quantock Ct
Aurora, CO 80016

8 comments:

  1. To all readers of our Caring for Crystal blog -

    Please leave stories and memories that Crystal can share with her children on this blog. She will be able to download them and add them to a scrapbook that she is making for them. Be sure to add the time on her life that you remember the memory and your name. Thank you for giving her the gift of your memories.

    Ellen McVicker
    questions? email me at ellenmcv@comcast.net

    ReplyDelete
  2. Email pictures and stories to deesoicher@msn.com and we will post them here!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Crystal I don't know if you remember me. I'm your cousin, Ursula; my mother(Concha) and your father are cousins. I was very little when I first met you and you've been in CO for a while now, so I may be a distant memory. Even though I was so young I recall you being very sweet and likable. Your sister and you are just like your mom. I think your mom is awesome and she's the nicest lady ever! I can see that you are very loved by many and I'm so happy to know that you have the emotional support that you need during these times. I want you to know that I am praying for you every night because I believe in miracles and I know that you are going to beat this cancer. God is with you and He won't ever abandon you or your family. Everyone here sends you their love and their prayers. Take Good Care of yourself and please count on us for whatever you need.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My mother-in-law sent me an email about the scrapbooking project. I'm not a scrapbooker, but I was interested in your story and have read your blog here. All I can say is that Jesus Christ cares more than anyone about what you are going through. He knows all about suffering. And he went through hell and back to save us from our sins so that we could spend eternity with him. My heart and my prayers go out to you. God willing, you will see that 40th birthday and many more. --Mark in CA

    ReplyDelete
  6. My thoughts and prayers are with you & your family during this time of need. Even though I've never met any of you, I am touched by your story, and your strength to fight this disease! You're story was shared with me by a fellow scrapbooker, and friend of Trish's. I plan to help Crystal share some wonderful memories through scrapbooks with her kids. You will be in my thoughts...

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is not fair and since you need to have a positive attitude, I'll hate it for you. What a beautiful family. Let you not have a goal of 40, shoot for 80. Believe in your doctors but mostly believe in your own life. I will be thinking of you and your family. BEAT IT!

    ReplyDelete