Sunday, April 26, 2009

A Poem for Crystal

My friend Susan sent this poem to me.
It brought so much comfot to me because it feels like it was written for Crystal.
God saw you getting tired
And a cure was not to be.
So He put his arms around you,
and whispered, "Come to Me."
With tearful eyes we
watched you suffer,
And saw you fall away
Although we couldn't bear to lose you,
We could not ask you to stay.
A golden heart stopped beating,
Hard working hands laid to rest,
God broke our hearts to prove to us,
that He only takes the best.
{Author Unknown}

4 comments:

  1. God Saw You Getting Tired
    by Anonymous

    God saw you getting tired
    when a cure was not to be.
    So He wrapped His arms around you,
    And whispered, "Come unto me".
    You didn't deserve what you went through,
    And so He gave you rest.
    God's garden must be beautiful,
    He only takes the best.
    So when I saw you sleeping,
    So peaceful and free from pain.
    I could not wish you to come back,
    to suffer that all again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is another version of the poem. There are several floating around, and since no one has claim authorship of the poem who knows which one was first. However, the one posted on the blog reflects the struggle that Crystal went through. I like that one the best...

    ReplyDelete
  3. even though i didnt nw u but i gess u new me. i send all my prayers to u and hope that you will see your children grow up even though you r not there in person but in there thoughts. i send my mothers thoughts and mine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday Crystal

    I miss you!

    G

    ReplyDelete