Thursday, May 21, 2009

Eulogy for my sister Crystal

Eulogy by Cindy Archuletta

My name is Cindy and I am Crystal's older sister.

First I would like to thank all family and friends for coming out to Celebrate Crystal's life and we have to remember that this IS a CELEBRATION OF A GREAT WOMAN'S LIFE. I would also like to express my family's gratitude and great appreciation to the three amazing and awesome women that helped Crystal when she was diagnosed with Cancer. Cherie, Ellen and Dee. Thank you for walking with Crystal during this difficult time. You were there when some of us couldn't be due to living back home in California. You were the wind beneath her wings.

I am 3 years older than Crystal but she took the role of big sister until my mid twenties. At that time I started the journey of recovery. Crystal was very supportive and proud of me. As I learned to be responsible and accountable our relationship bloomed. We were tied by blood but also shared an amazing friendship that only sisters can understand.

Crystal's journey brought her to Colorado almost 10 years ago. I struggled with this. I not only lost my sister but Best Friend. I had always imagined Crystal and I living close to each other and seeing one another on a regular basis. I thought our children would grow up together and we would share spaghetti dinners or watch DVDs, actually I think it was VHS back then. I saw this with my mom and her sisters and wanted that for us. I figured Crystal would come back home after completing her RN program. When Crystal met Jason I realized that the likelihood of her coming back home had diminished. Crystal fell in love. Things didn't turn out the way I had wanted but one look at Crystal's face showed me that they had turned out just the way they were supposed to. Crystal took a single father and his son, Gaven, and closed the circle to make a family.

Crystal was a loving wife and devoted mother. She had many other roles but being a wife and mother were the two most important. Crystal laid down a strong foundation and Jason and her were able to build on that. They created a home based on love, respect, patience and tolerance. Jason, Gaven, Aiden and Rylee were everything to her. Her love for them kept her going.

I will miss my sister more than words can say. She lit up a room She made you want to be a better person. She is and will always be my hero. We will never know the why..why this happened? ..why her? But what I do know is that every single one of us sitting in this room and those who are not were blessed to have come across an amazing woman. We are lucky to have had the opportunity to be a part of her life and see her handle her illness with Grace and Dignity till the very end. I hope we can all remember she lives on in our heart, thoughts and memories. Most importantly, Crystal lives on through her children. She loved and adored them so much and I believe she continues to from the heavens above.

I was playing around with Crystal's name to see what I could come up with and this is what I got.
C - Caring, Courageous and Compassionate
R - Role Model, Responsible and Radiant
Y - Your Inspiration and Mine
S - Signified Strength and Self Respect..Special and Survivor
T- Thoughtful and trustworthy
A - Amazing and Admired by many
L - Loving Mother and Wife, Loyal Friend

Thank you...

2 comments:

  1. I will always love my aunt Crystal I feel like she's with me all the time and I wanted took tell her that I will be the best cousin to Rylee and Aiden

    ReplyDelete