Friday, December 5, 2008

Snow Day

Today is a beautiful white snowy day in Colorado. The sun is out and everything is covered in white glitter. If you don't have to drive it is the BEST!
In March of 2003 Jason and Crystal were dating. Crystal called to see if my son wanted to have a play date with Gaven. It was snowing pretty hard, but Crystal drove over in her little car, (we're used to 4 wheel drives around here) I put my son Payton in the car and off they went. I knew Crystal through Jason and we were pretty good friends, but I have to say I was a little nervous about her watching two rowdy little boys. She assured me that if would be fine. Well it snowed a little more, all night long, and next thing you know we were in the midst of a record breaking blizzard.

Payton was so excited to be at a play date that lasted for THREE DAYS. Jason dug out of the snow and walked to the nearest gas station for donuts for breakfast. That was the best adventure for the boys, they were in heaven.


I was hoping that Crystal would speak to me again. I apologized a million times. Jason dug his car out, drove to the closest open road, my husband met them in the street and they came to our house for a couple of days. It gave them time to build snow forts.

And start a profitable Hot Chocolate Stand...

Crystal spoke to me again, married Jason, became Gaven's mom and had some more babies to add to the mix. We knew that she was a keeper after the Blizzard of 03. The girl has stamina!

No comments:

Post a Comment