Thursday, February 26, 2009

I missed them too much!!

Ok so it was only two weeks ago that the LaGrange's were in California. My heart hurt when they left. My mom was scheduled to be in Denver this week. I missed them all so much, I decided to tag along. So here I am, as happy as can be, writing to you from Denver. We arrived at about 2 o'clock and we had a FABULOUS day....doing nothing but enjoying each others company.

My mom and I scheduled our trip a little late so our airline tickets were going to be a little bit more than usual. That didn't happen though. For both of our tickets we paid exactly $140. This was possible because of two very special friends...our long time friend Renee Rivera gave us a Southwest Ticket that she had and my good friend Melissa Menier gave me a $100 Southwest Gift Card. Melissa and Renee know how much we adore Crystal, they gave me these gifts the instant they found out about Crystal. There are no words to thank you girls for this very special gift. I really, really wanted to be here with Crystal at this time and you both made it happen!

For those of you who have been keeping up with this blog, you know that Crystal had some tests done before she came to California. When she got back to Colorado, she got the results. The tests showed that her cancer has spread to her liver and her lymph nodes. Because of this, she started her next round of chemo a few days early. I wanted to be here with Crystal because she is going to cut her hair on Friday. I know that this was heavy on her mind. I wanted to be here for her to support her and help her be strong.

I ask you again, please pray for Crystal. Pray that her cancer is stopped in its tracks, pray that she is strong for whatever comes her way and most of all pray for the miracle that I know is possible!!

For those of you who have been lurking around Crystal's blog, please post a comment. Any words of encouragement, prayers, positive thoughts, miracles or anything you can think of!!!

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!!!

{Trish}

3 comments:

  1. Crystal, Trish, Vivina, and Family,
    I met Trish and her mom a little over a year ago through SGT. Trish and her mom are just such amazing women with gigantic hearts. Crystal, I check your blog once a week to see how are you doing. I've had a few family members with various types of cancer, and I cannot emphasize how much heart goes out to you and your husband, and your beautiful children. I am happy to hear Trish and Vivina can be there for you, as I know how long the days can be. I pray for good news for you as you continue this battle. I pray for your courage, as sometimes the news is not what you want to hear, and for your strength to get up the next day to continue the fight. May God be by your side and help your body to endure the pain, as it fights to stop the cancer. I pray for your recovery. May good news come your soon. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

    Love,
    Tammy Kastner
    North Carolina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Evening
    My name is Griselda and I feel like I know you. I go to your blog at least 3 times a week. I send these words with hope that it will help.When I was 3 months old I lost one of my eye to cancer. I am now 36 and cancer free. My mother worried that I would not be able to do the things that other do, like drive a car or get a job, and I do it all. So you see there are miracles. I prey for you each and everyday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Trish,
    So glad you and mom are able to be there for Crystal and the family. We had our CM regionals this past weekend and the first thing the girls asked when I saw them was "How's Crystal doing? Please tell her we're praying for her and her family." We all want her to be that 1 in a million who is blessed with the miracle of being cancer free. Tell her never to lose faith and dig deep for strength. The mind can do some amazing things.
    Take care, be safe and love to all.
    Sharon Weinreb
    SGT-aholic!

    ReplyDelete